Evening folks! Hope you had a good weekend. ^_^ I know it hasn’t been all that long, but it feels like I’ve been lax on goal setting. Which obviously I haven’t. New year and all that, round ups and long term sketching, blah, blah, blah.
Anyway! Raven already talked briefly about the changes you’ll see in these posts going forward and Da Shared Brain already gave you an overview of how we’re hoping this year is going to go. All that remains now is for me to officially post my bits and then get the hell on with doing it.
Overall Plans for 2015
- Edit ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ to completion
- Publish/submit ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ (this hinges on the final response from Angry Robot following my news this morning ^_^)
- Draft ‘On A Knife Point’ (min 100k words)
- Issue all remaining parts from the ‘Chapters of D’nai T’keyah’ novellette for newsletter subscribers (monthly)
- Write at least eight ‘chunks’ (about 32k words) of the new newsletter subscriber story featuring the drama-triangle between Michael Garran, Diavian Hatara, Macasha Luke and Ileandra Young (yes, yes, I know! Another character with my name! Trust me, before the story publishes I’ll deal with that issue and rename her. *smh*)
- Edit ‘On A Knife Point’ to completion
Targets For January 2015
Huh. Well in light of that I guess I’d better take a look at my the year planner DSB wrote up. *scans* Huh. Raven has control for this month and half of the next, meaning there are no difficult jobs for me while she’s editing. Eeeeeexcellent!
- Outline (in full) the overall arc of the first 32k words of the drama-triangle and decide how the words will be split between the four characters (which make three groups, unless I plan to give Luke his own chapters. Hmm… maybe…)
- Come up with a better title/phrase for drama-triangle (or better yet, title the damn thing!)
- Check the outline for On A Knife Point and make sure I’m happy with all aspects
Activities For The Week
A light month for me. I would take it easy but that’s not really an option. DSB has lots of stuff to do for Caladria and should start writing more regularly for Creative Frontiers. Since those things were, last year, attributed to me, I promise I’m not being as lax as it looks I am.
- Prepare and send January’s newsletter to all subscribers
- Name the drama-triangle (ugh)
- Outline Michael Garran’s story
Ooooooo! I can’t tell you how excited I am to finally be writing about Michael Garran. I just- he’s so- oh boy! You’ll see, promise. When I finally manage to get some words about him down on paper you’re going to love him so much. He’s such a foul mouthed, grumpy, violent, sadistic young man, but he didn’t start that way. You know what they say about character growth, progression and all that junk? Well this is it. This is exactly what happens to Michael and at last I get to write about it without missing out on something else. Boo-yaaah!
I mentioned that DSB has lots of stuff she’s doing too, but she doesn’t really have a presence here other than occasionally sticking her nose in. I think (unless you guys would like to hear more from her?) that I’ll report on what she’s doing. Like last year.
I think the trickiest part of this month will be not leaping ahead and starting on something I’m not supposed to be working on. Raven needs to get ‘Second Base‘ out of the way as it has far more chance of finding a home than any of the ‘Saar’s Legacy’ trilogy at this time. Of course that may change but until that point I really) need to just take it easy and not leap ahead.
I don’t want to burn out half way into January!