Aaaaaaaaaaaah. ^_^ Back to normal. Kinda.
I know I’ve spent the last seven days sharing with Ileandra and DSB figuring out what the hell we’re going to do for the year so it’s nice to have my own space again. Shove over you two, Thursdays are mine.
I guess it’s time to set this out nice and clear the way I do my usual goal posts but with a few tweaks. Of course.
Overall Goals for 2015
A new feature of these goals is to list them in order of importance to me. This may not always be the case, but you can generally assume that going forward.
- Complete the ebook versions of the ‘Meeting Each Other‘ series by end of January
- Have compilation ebook and physical version of ‘Meeting Each Other’ series complete and for sale by end of February
- Edit ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’ in its entirety and send to Breathless Press
- Draft ‘Slippers & Chains Three’ (and give it a damn title!)
- Begin editing ‘Slippers & Chains Three’ (at least as far as a Kindle Read)
- Start the new ‘Raven’s Diary’ serial and have first ‘episodes’ ready to post/publish by May 2015
Targets For January 2015
It’s going to be a busy month what with one week gone, but having a clear line ahead has always made things manageable. So let’s see:
- Complete ‘Malcolm’ and have it selling on Amazon and Smashwords by the end of the month
- Take part in the Breathless Press blog tour arranged for ‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’ and be available on all blogs to converse with readers (more details on the stops nearer the time)
- Issue the next chapter of ‘Raven’s Diary: The New Pet’ to newsletter subscribers
- Reach the half way point of my deep edits for ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’
- Outline the next ‘Raven’s Diary’ serial in eight chunks (for May-December)
Activities For The Week
This week then, is about wrapping up loose ends. ‘Malcolm’ has been dragging on for (seemingly) ages and though his story is one of my favs, I’m getting a bit sick of it. So let’s get that bad boy up and gone!
- Finish Kindle Read of ‘Malcolm’ and get it sent to beta readers
- Outline the special (compilation version only) special story for the end of the ‘Meeting Each Other’ series
- Finish my blog tour posts for Breathless Press
- Read through ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’ fully, the initial First Pass
This is a new section of my goal posts but I think it’s important. Call it ‘Thoughts’ or ‘Summary’ but for me this is ‘Evaluation.’ This will come into play more when I have the previous week’s activities to look at, but I thought I should tell you what it was.
Also, you may have noticed that my headings for these posts have changed too. Deliberate. The language one uses for motivation and morale are really important and I’m learning enough about myself to recognise that too many ‘goals’ can be stressful. If those same goals are activities instead, it seems to take some of the pressure off. Dunno why….
Similarly, targets are what I strive towards, but it isn’t the end of the world if I don’t get there. My targets are stretching – they always have been – but what do you do with a target but keep shooting until you hit it dead centre?
Anyway, that’s it for tonight. I need to get off and do some work.
How are all you guys getting on? DSB has been dancing around the blogosphere recently and it’s great to see so many of you doing great things, or picking yourself back up after a literary fall, or even starting afresh. I don’t think it’s wrong to say that I’m proud and pleased for all of you and rooting for you in every way!