I’m feeling good this week. Really fired up and ready to do stuff! Not sure how that translates into what I’ve been up to goal-wise, but it sure is a great feeling. 😉
Actions Last Week
~Go through thumbnails from DaveJ and choose final for ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ cover art
Done! Maaaan, that was painful. The thumbs were SO amazing, picking just one from the selection of five caused me physical pain (well, I stubbed my toe in the middle of my happy dance, but let’s not talk about that). It was hard, but I’ve done it and that’s what counts. Very soon I’m going to see the final version of the new cover and I can barely speak I’m so excited. It’s all on track! ^_^
~Work through x5 chapters of beta comments
One. Meh. This will be problematic if I keep dropping behind, but I’m glad I managed to do even that much when I spent a lot of the week kinda going ‘Uuurk, I dun wanna!’ and slinging my arms around like a teenager. This week I’ll do better. *nods*
~Clean up ‘Episode Two’ and get it entered into both Amazon and Smashwords properly (BY WEDNESDAY).
I could be happier, but I did it. It’s done. All I need to do now are all my final checks to ensure that all the files coming out at the other end are what I think they should be. I don’t think I’ll be able to do that until the release date (Oct 12!) but so long as it’s in my mind we’re all happy and good to run.
September 2015 Round Up
~Edit ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ with a particular focus on Lenina’s character growth—show the transition!
Hmm, I was supposed to be done by now, wasn’t I? Defo going to have to shift the release date of this novel back a bit if I want to be sure it’s all done in good time and error free. Ho hum. Christmas gifts, anyone?
~Finalise cover design for ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ with DaveJ
Sorted. Just waiting to see the final version but now we both know what it’s going to be. Sooooo can’t wait to show you guys. ^_^
Changes To My Plans
I’m so glad of this section. It used to be a failure to have to change things up, now I know that this is what stops me going crazy. And what ensures that the things I want to do are achieved in a timely manner. Completed tasks struck out, changes/clarifications in red and additional tasks in green:
- Edit ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ to completion by end of October (including betas, final proof and formatting)
- Publish ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ through Little Vamp Press by end of November in digital form
- Publish ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ through Little Vamp Press by end of December in paperback form
- Start deep edits on ‘On A Knife Point’ by end of December
- Send one more newsletter to subscribers.
- Include giveaway copy of ‘Episode Two’ in next ad hoc newsletter
- Include a teaser for the third episodes of ‘Dead And Alive’ in November
- Publish Season One of ‘Dead or Alive’ episodically every two months (from August)
Targets for October
- Complete editing on ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ with a particular focus on Lenina’s character growth—show the transition!
- Format ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ ready for Kindle and CreateSpace (Kindle first)
- Finalise ‘Dead And Alive, Episode Three’ cover art
- List ‘Dead And Alive, Episode Three’ as a pre-order
- Complete deep edits on ‘Dead And Alive, Episode Three’
Activities For This Week
- Work through x5 chapters of beta comments
- Complete first read of ‘Episode Three’ in preparation for deep edits
- Make a decision on what’s bothering me about the cover art for ‘Episode Three’ and outline plans to correct it
That looks like a mega list. Hmm.
Well, I’m confident that some new changes DSB has made to how we live is going to make all the difference here. I’ll let her talk about that on Saturday, but watch this space. If things go the way I hope, that list will be nothing compared to what’s coming up!