End of the month and I’m looking back at the simple things I wanted to get done . . . funny, but I don’t feel angry or upset with myself. Not like usual. Perhaps that’s a good thing, who knows?
Actions Last Week
~Edit the flash for my upcoming Smexxy Snippets series
No. Just nope. Didn’t even look at it. In fact, I was a bit naughty and didn’t quite finish writing it and intended to sneak both in across the course of the week. Didn’t happen. On the bright side, I picked up some excellent inspiration over the weekend which has left me burning to write stuff down. I just haven’t really had the time yet.
September 2015 Round Up
~Draft a 13,000 words of ‘Slippers & Chains: Three’
Nope. Didn’t even try. Got about 250 words in and just . . . nothing.
Change That Shit Up!
No changes this month. I really don’t want to add much more to this list, so I’ve not messed with it. Makes a nice change, right? Oh, okay, one thing. :-p Completed tasks struck out, changes/clarifications in red and new tasks in green.
- Draft ‘Slippers & Chains Three’ (and give it a damn title!) by end of November 2015
- Publish ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’ by 21 November 2015
- List titles of ten Smexxy Snippets and have them arrayed for pre-order by end of December 2015
Targets For October 2015
I don’t think I have very much outside the usual run of work to get done this month. I’m slowly getting used to the changes imposed by the new nursery schedule for The Sprogs and after next week the mad rush of weddings DSB has to attend should ebb.
Maybe I’ll just repeat what I had before with a couple of extras
- Draft 13,000 words of ‘Slippers & Chains Three’
- Order proofs of ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’ and finalise all details across Amazon, CreateSpace and Smashwords
- Put ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’ up for pre-order on all available sites
Activities For This Week
- Write up stand-in blurb for ‘Slippers & Chains Three’ to go in the back of ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’
- Double check formatting on all three versions of ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’
- Complete all background admin for ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’ across Amazon, Smashwords and CreateSpace (do not upload files yet)
- Write 1,000 of ‘Slippers & Chains Three’
Thoughts . . .
Have you ever heard that phrase: ‘the busier you are, the more efficient you are’? Or something like that.
I’m looking at that list of tasks and wondering how the hell I’m going to complete it, but I’m also starting to feel that I’ve been too gentle with myself lately. I’m not getting much done because I’m not giving myself much to do.
Yes . . .I’m aware of how stressed I get when I don’t meet goals, but if the goals aren’t challenging, then there’s no joy in meeting them.
In light of that I’ve given myself a little more to do.
I’m also aware that I’ve done very little actual writing for some time. Editing, yes. Admin, god yes! Cover design, marketing, promotion and networking, sure. But writing? Thin on the ground. I know all those other things are necessary for me to move forward, but even more necessary than all of those things, is writing. I need to spend more time doing the thing I’m actually here for. The balance of writing to everything else is skewd the wrong way and that, in part, may be why I’m so lethargic about it all.
So that’s my plan. Write more. See how that makes me feel. Combined with early nights, regular trips to the gym and (hopefully) better eating, I should be an all round better person physically and mentally.
Let’s see, eh? ^_^