How fast did July go! I know there was a LARP in the middle of it, but I can hardly keep up with the time passing. It’s true what they say about being busy. 😉
Actions Last Week
~Complete deep edits on ‘Dead or Alive’ and leave to rest
Yup. To encourage myself to leave the piece alone for a bit I’ve sent what I have so far to four members of the PWG. Hopefully some comments from them will ensure I’m on the right track with my changes and tweaks.
~Transfer ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ to Kindle in preparation for full read through
. . .yeah, I read it all. I couldn’t help it. Something inside begged me to keep going so I did, slicing off another 3.5k words. The narrative was flabby despite cutting 20k during the deep edit. Now the novel sits at 79.3k which is closer to ‘Silk Over Razor Blades’. I could shave off more, but I’ll wait for betas.
~Finalise cover art for first instalment of ‘Dead or Alive.’
This was a daft goal. -_- I’m still collecting feedback from last week’s video, so I can’t complete it yet. Though the comments coming through are incredibly helpful, so keep them coming!
July 2015 Round Up
~Complete deep edits on secondary timeline of ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ which ends the ‘deep edits’ process.
Sooorted! ^_^ See above. Only a month overdue. 😉
~Start and complete fine tuning of ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’
~Edit first part of ‘Dead or Alive’ ready to gift with August’s newsletter
Deep edits done and the piece is with beta readers. Not bad going actually. I may even be ready to send it after all! Hmm . . . 12 days.
~Create cover art for ‘Dead or Alive’ that is suitable for all parts and all three characters
Got my mock ups and a much clearer idea of where I want to be. So . . . time to push on!
Changes To My Plans
Still doing well. Not much to change except for logistics. Completed tasks struck out, changes/clarifications in red and additional tasks in green:
- Edit ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ to completion by end of September (including betas)
- Publish ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ through Little Vamp Press by end of November in digital and paperback forms
- Start deep edits on ‘On A Knife Point’ by end of December
- Send two more newsletters to subscribers.
- Send the first episode of ‘Dead or Alive’ as the freebie in August
- Send a teaser of the second episode of ‘Dead or Alive’ in November
- Publish Season One of ‘Dead or Alive’ episodically every two months (from August)
Okay, that was a lie. Significant changes, there. Ho hum. ^_^
Targets for August
- Leave ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ alone while betas enjoy it
- Publish ‘Episode One’ of ‘Dead or Alive’
- Send x10 review requests for ‘Silk Over Razor Blades’
Activities For This Week
- Finalise cover art for ‘Episode One’ of ‘Dead or Alive.’
- Outline formatting for release of ‘Episode One’
- Send x3 review requests for ‘Silk Over Razor Blades’
I must be mad. I really must be, but I’m having so much fun with these different projects that I can’t stop. Also, given that following ‘Saar’s Legacy’ I’ll be shifting focus to shorter works, I think this is good practise for me.