First Thursday in February! I’m not sure how the time managed to go so fast but things are getting done, make no mistake about that.
Did you enjoy this morning’s diversion by the way? Going forward, I’m hoping to have far more writers coming over to visit here. It’s going to be nice seeing what other people are getting up to and sharing in various successes.
Actions Last Week
~Finish the remaining third of last week’s Deep Edits on ‘Second Base’
Got it. Hard to really knuckle down and hammer at it, but I did it. Apparently, this section really, really needed some work. But now it’s done I can move on to…
~Complete Deep Edits on a further 12k words of ‘Second Base’ (which takes me to Cindy threatening to tear Dan a new one if he doesn’t tell her why Karen was so upset when she called).
This went much faster than the last chunk. I think, by this point, I must have known exactly what I wanted while drafting. It’s much cleaner and required less work. All good!
January 2015 Round Up
~Complete ‘Malcolm’ and have it selling on Amazon and Smashwords by the end of the month
Oops! I just forgot this. It’s ready. All I need to do is fine tune the formatting on the Smashwords file and it’s done. I could have released the Amazon edition last week. -_- Fail.
~Take part in the Breathless Press blog tour arranged for ‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’ and be available on all blogs to converse with readers (more details on the stops nearer the time)
Sorted. I have reports for any and all responses coming to my posts but so far it’s been fairly quiet. But I have stopped in regularly to see what’s going on. It’s a big, wide world out there!
~Issue the next chapter of ‘Raven’s Diary: The New Pet’ to newsletter subscribers
Done. Folk seem to be enjoying themselves.
~Reach the half way point of my Deep Edits for ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’
Done. In fact, as of the time of writing I’m three quarters of the way through. Just 13k more to go.
~Outline the next ‘Raven’s Diary’ serial in eight chunks (for May-December)
Nope. Didn’t even look at it and I kinda know why. I’ll talk about that below.
Change That Shit Up!
I’m having a similar problem to Ileandra in terms of goals and targets and having to change things up. I also know that I’m having to give a lot more time over to working on what’s actually out there and promoting new material. So… it’s time to change that shit up.
These are the new goals for 2015, with changes highlighted in red text.
- Complete the ebook versions of the ‘Meeting Each Other‘ series by February 10
- Have compilation ebook version of full ‘Meeting Each Other’ series complete and on sale by end of February
- Have physical paperback version of ‘Meeting Each Other’ series complete and for sale by end of March
- Edit ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’ in its entirety and send to Breathless Press
- Draft ‘Slippers & Chains Three’ (and give it a damn title!)
- Begin editing ‘Slippers & Chains Three’ (at least as far as a Kindle Read)
Start the new ‘Raven’s Diary’ serial and have first ‘episodes’ ready to post/publish by May 2015
- Switch to a more manageable newsletter schedule of quarterly postings with bonuses for new releases
The Raven’s Diary serial needs to wait. Just like Ileandra was having issues in keeping newsletters relevant and interesting, so to am I. But at least I have some releases to talk about. But, realistically, drafting anything new, even to test drive on subscribers, just isn’t feasible.
Something’s gotta give. That’s the one.
Also, given Ileandra’s experience in getting proofs for ‘Silk Over Razor Blades‘, I doubt I’ll be able to complete all the formatting and and have the cover complete for the print version of ‘Meeting Each Other’ before March. I can get proofs ordered, but I might not see them until the end of the month! Plus, I need the formatting done before I get the dimensions and- ugh, details. Don’t worry about it. Just trust me; it has to wait.
Targets For February 2015
- Complete the ebook versions of the ‘Meeting Each Other’ series by ensuring that ‘Malcolm’ is on sale on Amazon and Smashwords by Feb 10
- Have compilation ebook version of ‘Meeting Each Other’ series complete and for sale by end of February
- Complete all Deep Edits on ‘Second Base’
- Transfer all edits on ‘Second Base’ back to the Scrivener file
Activities For This Week
- Finish Deep Edits on ‘Second Base’
- Format ‘Malcolm’ for Smashwords and release by February 10
- Approach Angie regarding full ‘Meeting Each Other’ cover art
- Complete Deep Edits on ‘When Vicki Met Malcolm’
I’m pleased that so much is going on here. I’m pleased that my targets are flexible enough that I can morph them to fit realistic time frames. Again, to ape Ileandra I’m far more relaxed this year than I was last. Despite how much I have to get done. In fact, I’m so relaxed that I even went out for lunch yesterday. No work until I got home. Take a look at this bad boy:
That was what I had for lunch yesterday. A special treat from my dear friend who is also on the Vicki & Lara cover! She takes good care of me, does Celine. Thanks babe. By the way… the Funk Master enjoyed his butterfly cake. 😉