I talked about this back in May. I had mentioned that I’ve been nominated for a couple of awards and that I didn’t have the time to go through them properly. Well since then I’ve got (three) more (!!! – you’re all far, far, far too kind!) so I thought I’d better play some catch up.
As I’m sure you’ll understand, time is still against me (the boys are sleeping right now and I’ve no idea how long that will last!) so I’m going to cheat just a tad and bundle them all up. I hope you’ll forgive me.
So… the Reader Appreciation Award comes from both Vanessa Grassi and Erin Brady Pike (who also nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award, as did Tiffany).
The Versatile Blogger and the Beautiful Blogger awards come from Roberta Gordon.
The Kreativ Blogger Award comes from JM McDowell.
The rules for these awards generally ask that you share seven facts about yourself, so I’ll do that now (I hope I don’t repeat myself with these; I talk about myself a lot on this blog, if you hadn’t noticed :p).
- I had a phase (I might not be out of it actually) during which if I ever saw mushrooms growing wild I had to stomp on them. Like stomp them flat and scatter them to the seven winds. o.O
- I have size nine feet. Which wouldn’t be a problem except its really, really hard to buy shoes! That is of course until I got pregnant which magically seemed to shrink my feet to a size seven. Weird.
- My DVD collection is in alphabetical order and I get really twitchy if someone messes it up. I can’t help it… it just makes me feel better.
- I have been in three musicals and been cast in the male chorus because my vocal range is so low that I can’t handle soprano and alto parts (it still stings, to this day).
- I have a reasonable collection of ornamental swords and daggers, accumulated during my student days (y’know… when I had money to spare). I also have a wicked cool pair of sais! ^_^
- I still try not to step on cracks in the pavement, though I still haven’t broken my back for missing any.
- My mild OCD (CDO!!!) insists that the volume measurement on the TV is always an even number, if if that’s a touch too loud or too quiet.
^_^ Yeah… I know… I’m a bit weird.
Anyway, that’s that.
Next, I’d like to direct your attention to a selection of other blogs I rather enjoy. Not so much passing on the awards as inviting you to look into blogs that I love reading.
Phew! That’s a bigger list than I was intending. Well, I hope you enjoy those blogs anyway. All that remains for me to say is please, please forgive me for cheating, look up these other fabulous bloggers and thank you again to Vanessa, Erin, Roberta, Tiffany and JM for the nominations!
Until next time! ^_^
I should also mention, that since writing this post, I’ve received further nominations. You guys are all far, far too sweet! I’ll be doing my best to respond to those properly in the coming weeks and post the responses up as normal. Stay tuned.