I’m no longer bliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind! *runs about gleefully*
Yes, the bug is gone! No more pinkness, redness, stickiness or tasty ointment that I can only taste because putting it in my eyes somehow sends it on a one way trip to the back of my throat!
It’s all good. ^_^
Actions Last Week
~Send x3 review requests for ‘MEO:TFS’
Two. I ran out of steam. I blame the temporary blindness. 😦
~Format ‘Sugar Dust’ for paperback release
Nope. Didn’t even look at it. Probably a good thing. Fiddling with margins and page numbers and those niggling little widows and orphans probably would have killed my eyesight!
May 2015 Round Up
~Collate comments from beta readers and begin tentative edits.
Only got one back so far. I need to chase the others. So . . . no . . .
Change That Shit Up!
So where does that leave me? Heh, in kinda the same position I was in at the start of May. Completed tasks struck out, changes/clarifications in red and new tasks in green.
- ‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’ back on sale as an ebook by end of June 2015
- Get ‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’ on sale as a paperback by end of July 2015
- Edit ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’ following comments from beta readers by the end of October (preferably by end of August).
- Draft ‘Slippers & Chains Three’ (and give it a damn title!) by end of November 2015 (probably during NaNoWriMo)
- Save editing ‘Slippers & Chains Three’ for Jan 2016
- Switch to a more manageable newsletter schedule of quarterly postings with bonuses for new releases when the current ‘New Pet’ story is done.
Targets for June 2015
It hit me, somewhere in the middle of last month, that 1) I hadn’t included the re-release of ‘Sugar Dust’ anywhere in my goals and 2) that my plans need to change a lot. A lot. I need to slow down.
- Get base photography done for ‘Sugar Dust’ cover art in photoshoot with Sarai
- Commission the cover art and be ready to apply one to the other
- Get ‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’ formatted for ebook and on sale
- Decide if I want to publish this release through both Amazon and Smashwords, or take advantage of Kindle Select
- Send this month’s newsletter
Activities For This Week
- Outline brief for Sarai
- Make the decision on where to publish and price
- Complete half of the ebook formatting
As you may have heard at the beginning of the week, Ileandra has a lot of work to do. She also seems to think I’m not due to claim use of DSB for nine weeks. That kinda flies in the face of a lot of the dates I had originally which is why there is so much red in this month’s round up. Things needed to change.
I don’t mind. I think I gentle month working on background guff actually means I don’t need to do as much writing as I’d planned. I’ll bet DSB is grateful for that.
But it does mean I have to think long and hard about November and if I really want to be working on ‘Slippers & Chains: Three’ in that month. I should be free to (it will be my turn, damn it!) but if Ileandra wants to get ‘Saar’s Legacy’ out at a rate of one every six months, I may need to step back. -_-
This is why I don’t write novels!