Evening, bloggers! I’m feeling pretty good tonight. Bank Holiday evening and much done. A very pleasant evening and my chocolate embargo is over for the time it takes to get through the mad amounts of chocolate I have dotted around.
Mmm. Chocolate pizza.
Actions Last Week
Write 1k words of ‘On A Knife Point’ in the remainder of the month (that’s tomorrow, right?)
Yep *ahem* 5,000 words . . . moving on.
Write 6k words of ‘On A Knife Point’ in the remaining six days of the week
. . . 12.5k. Yeah. I guess I got over my block, huh?
Targets For March 2015
Write 65k words of ‘On A Knife Point’
Ha, of course not. But 45k is nothing to be sniffed at. I’m very pleased considering the mess I got myself into in the middle of the month.
Complete fresh edits on ‘Silk Over Razor Blade’s courtesy of Angry Robot comments and send to Karen for formatting
Yep. Got the formatting tweaks back last night actually. I need one more read and then I can order my next proof.
Changes To My Plans
Hmm. Okay. So let’s see where I am. Removed tasks struck out, changes in red and additions in green.
- Publish ‘Silk Over Razor Blades’ through Little Vamp Press by end of May in digital and paperback forms
- Edit ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ to completion by end of August (I think)
- Publish ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ through Little Vamp Press by end of October
- Draft ‘On A Knife Point’ by the end of April (min 100k words)
- Issue all remaining parts from the ‘Chapters of D’nai T’keyah’ novelette for newsletter subscribers (monthly), then switch to quarterly newsletters
- Send two updates to subscribers in the two newsletters that will be issued once the schedule becomes quarterly
- Edit ‘On A Knife Point’ to completion
Targets for April 2015
- Complete the draft of ‘On A Knife Point’ (45k words to go)
- Check next proof of ‘Silk Over Razor Blades’
- Set ‘Silk Over Razor Blades’ for sale (assuming there are no issues with the new proof)
- Issue this month’s newsletter
Activities For The Week
Well . . . there is somewhat less time to work this week but there will be less upheaval (hopefully) so I should be able to go back to my usual scheduling. Let’s see:
- Write 10k words of ‘On A Knife Point’
- Order new ‘Silk Over Razor Blades’ proof
There. ^_^ That should be fun. A nice gentle (for me, anyway) week of getting the words down. It’s going to be a fun one!
I don’t have a great many more thoughts than that, today. I’m in a good place. Aiming for the end of April will put me behind the original schedule by a fair whack, but I don’t care. Knowing that I have time to ensure I do this properly and know that I’ve done the best job I can makes me feel good. At this point this is all that matters.