I’d be more pleased about it but I currently can’t swallow and my head feels the size of a basketball. Hmpth! One day *wags finger* one day I will write one of these posts without mentioning how sick I feel! …but not this day.
Actions Last Week
Write 12.5k words of ‘On A Knife Point’
No. Juuuuuust no. Not unexpected, but somewhat disappointed. I think I managed 4.3k words before the week hammered me in the face with a mallet. My nose still hurts from that one. *sniffs*
Targets For February 2015
Complete draft of ‘Dead or Alive’
Hurray. Done. Stunned, but done. ^_^
Start draft of ‘On A Knife Point’ and complete at least a quarter of the whole word count (25k)
Eeeerm. 15.6k. Salvageable. Let’s just see what follows.
Query the availability of Karen Perkins and Dave Johnson as their help may be required following any additional edits I make on ‘Silk Over Razor Blades.’
Yep. It’s in hand. Karen is on board for the end of March and Dave is working on the cover now. Double thumbs up.
Send February’s newsletter to all subscribers and describe the changes to come
Done. Looking forward to when I drop back to quarterly newsletters. My brain needs it.
Changes To My Plans
Right. With all that in mind, let’s see what I need to do:
- Publish ‘Silk Over Razor Blades’ through Little Vamp Press by end of May
- Edit ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ to completion
- Publish ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ through Little Vamp Press by end of October
- Draft ‘On A Knife Point’ (min 100k words)
- Issue all remaining parts from the ‘Chapters of D’nai T’keyah’ novellette for newsletter subscribers (monthly), then switch to quarterly newsletters
Write 33-4k words of the new newsletter subscriber story (‘Dead or Alive’) featuring Michael Garran, Diavian Hatara, and Kailah Turner by mid February.Send two updates to subscribers in the two newsletters that will be issued once the schedule becomes quarterly
- Edit ‘On A Knife Point’ to completion
Hmm. Pretty much as it was, though one item is knocked off the list. That’s good to see. ^_^
Targets for March 2015
- Write 65k words of ‘On A Knife Point’
- Complete fresh edits on ‘Silk Over Razor Blade’s courtesy of Angry Robot comments and send to Karen for formatting
Activities For The Week
Catch up. Recovery. Sleep. Dunno how this is going to work, but we’ll see how we do.
- Write 4.5k words of ‘On A Knife Point’ (that’s 500 a day if my maths is right)
- Highlight ‘Silk Over Razor Blades’ passages that need work
I’m behind. By a lot. And this week certainly isn’t going to help me catch it up. I’m sick. My boys are sick.
I don’t think I’m going to catch up the way I must to maintain my overall output, so come March end I’ll have to see what position I’m in. At this point it’s too soon to know how much I need to jiggle, but I know it’s going to happen.
Sorry I can’t be more specific than that.
If I keep getting sick like this then I’m not going to be able to keep up with this schedule meaning I’ll have to drop drafting ‘On A Knife Point’ to ensure I get ‘Walking The Razor’s Edge’ sorted this year.
Well… 29 days left of the month. Let’s see what happens.