This sort of question would normally lead me to growl and glance up at the darkening April sky, heavy with the threat of still more rain. Considering massive swathes of England are supposedly suffering from drought, it seems that Leicester has enough rain to make going outside some sort of a crazy lottery.
But that’s not what I’m talking about – so there’s no need to panic. No, I’m talking about the Sunshine Award that I won by way of a contest on Erin Pike’s blog. Please do pop over and visit her if you haven’t already; she’s a recent addition to my list of ‘followed blogs’ and she should totally be on your list too!
As with any award there are some (nice and simple) rules to follow, and these are they:
- Thank the person who gave you this award and link back to them in your post
- Tell us five things about yourself
- Nominate 10 more bloggers to receive this award and let them know they have been nominated
As for five things about myself, I’ll see if I can tell you five things I’ve not talked about before:
- I refuse to wear an over the shoulder handbag; I’ll only wear a rucksack (they’re more comfortable!) regardless of where I’m going. The only exceptions are formal events.
- I refuse to pluck my eyebrows (even though my mum pesters me to shape them every time she sees me), or shave my legs. Though I’m fortunate in that you’d never know I don’t shave my legs; they just aren’t hairy. Ha. *smug face*
- I’m shit scared of ladybirds (o.O yeah… I don’t know why either)
- I sometimes strike matches just to smell the burning (mmmm sulphur o.O)
- Even though I can ski and ice skate, I can’t stop (without crashing) on either medium
Yeah… nobody said I was normal
Okay, here’s the twist! Rather than nominating bloggers for this award (I’ve done a lot of that recently), this is a chance for you to win the award for yourself. All you need to do is write a piece of flash fiction (up to 100 words) containing the word ‘sunshine.’ Pop it in the comments and I’ll give the whole thing a week, by which point I’ll pick out ten of the best ones. Oh and if there are less than ten entrants, then all of you get the award! How cool is that? I really think its a lovely idea so let’s do this! You have until April 30 to get your entries in! Go, go, go!