Hey folks. I know today is Ileandra’s posting day, but there are a couple of reasons I want to chat with you today. Most of them not so great.
I (really) need to rethink this. Since Thursday the following has happened:
- I received the next batch of edits for Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust from Breathless Press. They’re required by Wednesday 5th, no wiggle room this time.
- Both The Sprogs have fallen ill with temperatures through the roof. They aren’t eating, sleeping at all the wrong moments and want nothing more to cling to mummy (…me) as though she’s the last living creature on earth.
- I’ve received an earful from Ileandra about the prepwork she has to do for her blog tour and for getting Silk Over Razor Blades ready for 1 December.
- I remembered that family are coming to visit this weekend and that they’ll likely want to see more than the back of my head.
- Da Shared Brain has two deadlines approaching, one as near as 4 November and the other not far off at 15 November.
- Da Shared Brain also has at least three networking events to go to, all of which eat into our usual working time.
- As well as that, Da Shared Brain has yet another deadline for two 3k stories: 15 December.
Basically, completing 50k words on top of handling all those things is possible, but likely to leave me shivering and gibbering in a soft-walled room afterwards.
But fear not…! I will still be taking part. Yes, after much soul searching and practical head bashing I’ve made the following decision:
I will write Slippers & Chains: Second Base as and when time permits. I will give it a fair chance amongst my other projects, but I won’t be racing for the finish line as I have in previous years. I certainly won’t expect to reach the 50k mark after ten days. I will simply enjoy writing the story for the hell of it while giving priority to other more pressing projects.
There. That feels… better…. ^_^
I was so worried yesterday when I did a proper tally of what is required of me and I realised that something had to give. And that it would be better for all concerned if that ‘something’ wasn’t me. ;-)
So that’s the news. Sorry to build up the hype and then not deliver, but I have to look after my family first. And my sanity too I suppose. No one likes a crazy Raven, right?
See you Thursday. x