^_^ Why am I so happy? Go on, can you guess? No?
My ISBNs came through yesterday! Far sooner than I thought they would. This means I’ve been able to order a proof copy of the paperback version of ‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’. Ha, I’m so happy I could puke, this is a GREAT feeling! . . . Yes, even the puke! . . . I haven’t actually puked, don’t worry.
Actions Last Week
~Send x3 review requests for ‘MEO:TFS’
Nope, but I’ve been very busy, as you’ll see!
~Send x3 review requests for ‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’
Again, no . . . but I have actually paid for advertising, something I’ve never done before. I’ve paid for a Release Blitz from Writing Marketing which puts my info in the hands of upwards of 200 bloggers and reviewers. Whether or not they decide to take me on is another matter, but Writing Marketing has a level of reach that I just can’t compete with on my own. So . . . we’ll see what that does.
~Complete fresh back and front data for solo pieces in ‘Meeting Each Other’ series from ‘Carol, Niall & Lin’ onwards
No. I guess I might have overdone it this week with all these little admin bits. I kinda knew it was a lot to get through . . .
~Check out my Goodreads and make sure everything is up to date
Nope. I can’t even get into Goodreads right now! I can’t remember which email address I used to sign up, let alone the password for it, so this one is a null goal. :( I’ve emailed support, however. So many they’ll be able to help me out and get me back in.
~Sign properly into My Romance Reviews and update my profile
Soooorted! All done and I put some advertising through there as well. Funny, I have all these credits building up and I’ve not used them, so it’s nice to kinda do something with those. Let’s see what happens next!
June 2015 Round Up
~Get base photography done for ‘Sugar Dust’ cover art in photoshoot with Sarai
:( It was done, but in the end, time constraints and a change of artistic direction prevented me using the photos for the cover art. However I do have plans for them, so you’ll be seeing some of that work very soon hopefully.
~Get ‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’ formatted for ebook and on sale
Yep. See purrdy thumbnail.
~Decide if I want to publish this release through both Amazon and Smashwords, or take advantage of Kindle Select
For now, just Amazon. I’ll look at my publishing schedule going forward and think about Smashwords. Only because it will eat another ISBN if I do. But . . . so far, so good. ^_^
~Send this month’s newsletter
Sorted! Last one until September now. I also sent out the notification for the re-release of ‘Sugar Dust’. A day late (oops!) but done. ;-)
Half Year Round Up
Half point of the year! Blimey, that seems to have just raced by. I know that’s one of the absolute worst clichés in the world, but it’s true. It’s barely touched the sides! Anyway, I’m not sure how to handle this because I’ve been reviewing my goals for the year month by month, but I suppose looking at where I am in the same way does the same sort of job.
First up, what have I done:
- Meeting Each Other series complete in full and on sale in digital and paperback forms
- Slippers & Chains: Second Base edited to beta standard and sent out
- Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust complete and re-released in digital form
- All newsletters issued and ‘Raven’s Diary: The New Pet’ sent out in full
Ha! Put that way, not bad for six months of head down, finger-crippling work. ;-) So how do I treat the rest of the year?
Change That Shit Up!
With half the year let to go, this is all looking pretty manageable. Let’s have a look. Completed tasks struck out, changes/clarifications in red and new tasks in green.
‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’ back on sale as an ebook by end of June 2015
- Get ‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’ on sale as a paperback by end of July 2015
- Edit ‘Slippers & Chains: Second Base’ following comments from beta readers by the end of October (preferably by end of August).
- Draft ‘Slippers & Chains Three’ (and give it a damn title!) by end of November 2015 (during NaNoWriMo?)
Switch to a more manageable newsletter schedule of quarterly postings with bonuses for new releases when the current ‘New Pet’ story is done.
Targets For July 2015
Hmm. Okay. Well . . . it’s still Ileandra’s turn right now so it’s not time for me to take over. However . . . there are still things for me to do.
- Order proofs for ‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’ and be happy enough with the result to okay sales
- Continue to push for exposure: complete at least x2 site questionnaires / interviews
- Clean up the front and back data for the rest of the ‘Meeting Each Other’ series
- Regain my Goodreads access
Activities For This Week
- Order first ‘Slippers & Chains: Sugar Dust’ proof
- Complete fresh back and front data for solo pieces in ‘Meeting Each Other’ series from ‘Carol, Niall & Lin’ to ‘Bill’
It’s been an amazing year. Now that I look everything like this I’m stunned at the progress. Slow at times, but always steady and always forward. I’ve taken very few steps backwards (if at all) despite a couple of knocks.
All I need to do is keep ticking along at the same steady pace and we’ll see what happens at the end of the year. Weird, but I don’t want to look too far ahead, almost like that would be bad luck or something. o.O