Are there any skills you’ve picked up in the last year?
Yeah, there are a couple of things all most centred around my kids.
- How to distinguish an ‘I’m hungry’ cry from other cries such as ‘I’m bored!’ ‘I’m scared!’ ‘Hold me!’ ‘Okay, enough is enough, feed me now and ignore the other screaming brat who shares my face; I’mthe important one!’
- How to change two nappies in 60 seconds without getting poo on my fingers.
- How to feed two babies at the same time.
- How to push a pushchair, hold a baby and an umbrella and a sandwich all at the same time.
- That cold tea isn’t all that bad and that if you add just the right amounts of lemon, it tastes really good!
- How to type/run a radio show/eat/drink with one hand.
My days really have started to look like this:
I have no idea how my mum did it, or how my grandmother did it with six kids. They are crazy superwomen with more respect from me now than they’ve ever had before. Funnily enough though, I seem to get the same sort of reaction from strangers; ‘how do you do it?’ ‘Oh, you’ve got your hands full.’ ‘Well I know I couldn’t do it.’ And so on.
Well… to be honest, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Bring on the next set of skills required for when these little treasures begin walking! ^_^
My 80 Post Challenge is brought to you with help from Tom Slatin’s 80 Journal Writing Prompts.
Also… note… that some of the questions in the original list are duplicated, so these later entries include questions from Tom’s second list.