Following Thursday’s blog, I figure I’d better say something kinda, sorta official. ^_^
I have a time coming up in which I know that my writing ability will be severely squashed. The coming of twins into my life is such that all the preparation I do right now, still may not be enough.
So…! I want to know if any of you fine folk would be interested in writing a guest post for this blog; Writing: A Conversation Without Interruptions. Don’t be shy, enough of you are bloggers yourselves, you can consider this an opportunity to teach me (and others) a thing or two about what you do and why folk should be following you too!
I’ve never done this before, so I don’t know what the conventions/rules are. In light of that, I’m going to make up my own (I’m good at that!). I figure the following points are sensible places to start:
- Try to write posts that follow the theme of this blog, eg:
- Films/TV/Music that interests you (or makes you rant like a mad person)
- Pictures that brought a particular feeling or emotion to you
- ‘Real life stuff’ like an anecdote, or future plans
- ‘How to’ posts
- ‘Did you know?’ posts
- Try to keep them to a sensible word count
- Don’t be derogatory, inflammatory or unnecessarily nasty
- Feel free to link back to your own blogs or websites
- On the flip side, don’t be spammy; pushy sales pitches and ‘YOU MUST LOOK AT MY BOOK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!’ posts won’t make the cut
- Tell your readership what you’re up to (I’ll give you the date when your post will go up)
- Don’t forget to include a little intro about you and what you’re up to
- Support other guest bloggers who take the plunge
Yeah… that all seems sensible enough. If you’d like to do a guest post in the time around late April, May and June (maybe even July as well!) then leave me a comment here so we can have a chat, or email me so we can talk about it there.
This idea is really growing on me and would I love to hear from you. Otherwise my posts at that time may be restricted to book reviews and silly notes on ‘my babies did THIS today!’ Though… if you like that sort of thing, I guess that’s fine.