Now before you worry, its probably not as a dramatic as it sounds. I was just sitting in bed this morning, having turned over (and waited for the now traditional click of my hips realigning, or whatever the hell it is they’re doing) and picked up my laptop.
I looked at Twitter, Facebook, shared a couple of things, responded to a couple of mentions and then logged onto the WordPress dashboard to have a look around. Then I realised that my body is in too sore a state to do much today (particularly with Alt Fiction to get through tomorrow!!!), so I’d better stay in. That in mind I tried to decide what creative enterprise of mine to work on today….
…and got stuck!
When I say ‘I’ve lost my way’ I think I mean that I’ve started doing too many things at once. Or I have too much on the go. Or I’ve got too many projects at the midway stage. Its weird; not long ago I was talking about lists and planning getting organised, but its funny how quickly that can fall apart if you’re not on the ball with it.
These are my ‘projects’ as they are currently:
- Short story edit: 50% complete
- Short story first draft: 1% complete (only started the other day)
- Researching publishers of short stories
- Researching open anthologies
- Organising schedule of blog posts for May-June (& July?)
- Researching competitions
~and then of course I put all the other stuff on there that I should be doing…
- Finishing my reading of various notes from antenatal classes
- Completing the packing of my hospital bag
- Calling various ‘grown up’ folk: bank, life insurance provider, pension provider, house insurance provider
- Completing my birth plan
- Checking when the next antenatal class is
- Making quick lists of where everything is so Dave can grab it if there is a need to rush
- Washing more tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny baby clothes!
- Washing MY clothes -_-
- Tidying the study
- Planning furniture positions for the twin’s room (and where its current allotment of junk is going to go)
Of course, the second part of that list isn’t just for me, so I don’t know if I should include it here, but, when I write it all like that, it seems not so bad after all. o.O Maybe my ‘brain clearing’ list was working better than I thought.
Funny though; how at one moment, the world and everything in it can look horribly daunting and frightening. The next, when you stop, take a breath and a fresh look, its not so scary after all. :)
I’m such a drama queen! I think I’ll just get on with it and see where I end up at the end of the day. :p
Thanks for listening folks. *squeezes*